Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup softened butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup Tom Sawyer GF Flour (or your own gluten free flour blend)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bag (about 11.5 oz chocolate chips, 60% cacao.)
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant or quick cook)
Heat oven to 375-degrees F. Cream butter and sugars till smooth. Add eggs, salt and vanilla. Blend till smooth. Add flour and baking soda and beat until incorporated. Add chocolate chips and oats and fold into batter.
Drop onto a lined baking sheet (I use parchment paper) in 1 tbs. drops. These spread, so don't put them too close together. Bake for 10-minutes until edges are light brown. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, them move to a rack to cool completely.