You need a special tool for this…yes, yes I know—not another tool! But this tool is so worthy of precious real-estate in one's kitchen. This is what I have, and I love it, zero complaints (tip: buy the second freezer bowl--you will want it to make enough for parties). It has so many uses for frozen yummies—all for healthy alternatives to ones that we buy at the store that are something we need to say "Well….I really shouldn’t…”
This frozen yogurt is creamy and smooth, rich and tangy-with a perfect balance of tart-sweet.
Here is how I do it:
- 2 cups fresh peaches (large chopped with skins, they go into a blender)
- 1/2 cup sugar (or use 1/3 cup agave syrup or honey)
- One half of a 32-ounce tub of plain yogurt
- 1.5 cups of buttermilk
In 20-minutes of magic you have soft serve peach frozen yogurt! You can eat it right away, or transfer to another container and place it in the freezer for about 4-hours and it will become scoopable.
- Put it between GF gingersnap cookies for a fantastic ice cream sandwich!
- Put it into popsicle molds and they make the most fantastic yogurt pops!
- No one can beat Ina's recipe for chocolate sorbet. Make it easier and use hot tap water instead of heating on the stove, works the same!